Healthcare Foundation of Wilson Announces 13 Grant Awards
WILSON, N.C. (June 29, 2023) – Thirteen new grants have been awarded by Healthcare Foundation of Wilson to support community projects that focus on solutions to some of the greatest health challenges for Wilson.
Each year, Healthcare Foundation of Wilson provides responsive grant funding to organizations in the greater Wilson community, and the 2023 awards total more than $368,000 in funding for initiatives that focus on solutions with measurable outcomes to address four of the community’s greatest health concerns, including adolescent pregnancy, alcohol and substance abuse, obesity and sexually transmitted diseases (STDs).
The following grants have been approved to fund initiatives that address one or more of the four areas of health concern:
Responsive Grants for 2023
- Hope Station – $30,000
- Love A Sea Turtle (LAST) – $3,500
- The Arc of Wilson County – $25,000
- Wilson County Department of Social Services – $13,000
- Wilson County Department of Social Services – 50,000
- Wilson County Health Department – $10,000
- Wilson County Schools – $50,000
- Wilson County Schools – $16,667
- Wilson County Schools – $7,500
- Wilson County Senior Activity Center – $25,000
- Wilson County Substance Prevention Coalition – Hope Alliance – $37,500
- Wilson Police Athletics and Activities League – $25,000
- Wilson Youth United – The SPOT – $75,000
“We remain committed to providing grant funding for projects that address the greatest health concerns in our community,” said Denise O’Hara, executive director of Healthcare Foundation of Wilson. “Our responsive grant funding since 2016 totals more than $7.2 million, and our total community funding-to-date is $56.2 million, which includes strategic grant funding and financial support for hospital improvements.”
Learn more about the 2023 Responsive Grant Awards.