Because Every Bit Counts
Committed to improving the health of both current Wilson residents and future generations, Healthcare Foundation of Wilson continues to honor prior funding associations, securing and stewarding philanthropic gifts from caring individuals, businesses and organizations in support of several highly beneficial health programs in Wilson, NC and the surrounding area. We are profoundly grateful for the generosity of our partners and community members, without whom our vision for a healthier Wilson community would not be possible.
Longstanding Wilson Community Funds
While Healthcare Foundation of Wilson is interested in funding eligible grant programs to affect change, we remain supportive of existing funds that have already positively influenced the lives of so many Wilson community members. Through your generous contributions, Healthcare Foundation of Wilson helps to fund the following:
- Healthcare Foundation of Wilson Auxiliary — Volunteers work toward the mission of improving community health and wellness through service projects and fundraising endeavors in the greater Wilson Community.
- Breast Cancer Care Program — By granting funds to the Wilson County Health Department and Wilson Community Health Center’s Breast and Cervical Cancer Control Program (BCCCP) access to mammograms and surgical consultations increased significantly over the past few years.
- Compassionate Cancer Care Program — Established as a way to help cancer patients and their families with certain expenses during cancer treatment, this program has touched hundreds of lives, strengthening community ties and support.
- Hospice Care Program — Helping to provide necessary items to hospice patients, the program improves the quality of patients’ lives during what is most often a very difficult period.
- Patient Care Program — This program was established to offer one-time assistance to patients who are suffering from serious, chronic medical conditions.
Learn How You Can Be Part of the Change in Wilson
If you’re looking for other ways to get involved or want to receive grant funding for your own health-focused program, get in touch with Healthcare Foundation of Wilson today at 252.281.2105. We look forward to hearing from you and appreciate your support in making Wilson a healthier place to live, work and play.